Quality of Life
Being a resident of a town means more than just living there – it means having a quality of life that makes you proud to call it your home. The cities of Hardinsburg, Cloverport and Irvington, located in Breckinridge County, Kentucky, offer unlimited possibilities to their residents. By providing unbeatable healthcare, a quality education and numerous opportunities for recreation and cultural enrichment, you’ll find that Breckinridge County makes it easy to feel at home.
The cities of Breckinridge County boast a comprehensive healthcare system with Breckinridge Health, Inc., headquartered in Hardinsburg. Made up of several separate facilities able to serve residents through every stage of life, Breckinridge Health, Inc. strives to go above and beyond typical medical care. From the Breckinridge Memorial Hospital to the Memorial Home Health facility and Cloverport Health Clinic in Cloverport, residents are always treated with the best medical care and technology available.
In 2002 Breckinridge Memorial Hospital, Inc. became Breckinridge Health, Inc. in order to encompass all of its subsidiaries. Breckinridge Health, Inc. includes Breckinridge Memorial Hospital, Breckinridge Memorial Home Health, Breckinridge Memorial Nursing Facility, the Cloverport Health Clinic, Dr. Ben Smith and Dr. Shannon Elliott at the Family Care Center and an Outpatient Clinic Building located behind the hospital.
Breckinridge Health is accredited by the Joint Commission for Healthcare organizations, certified for Medicare and Medicaid and is also licensed by the Kentucky Division of Licensing and Regulation.
A great education is vital for a successful life. That’s why Breckinridge County offers a top notch Primary and Secondary school system to prepare our children for the future. With two distinct public school districts, numerous private schools and the Breckinridge County Area Technology Center, our educators are shaping the future one child at a time.
- Breckinridge County School District
- Ben Johnson Elementary School
- Custer Elementary School
- Hardinsburg Elementary School
- Irvington Elementary School
- Breckinridge County Middle School
- Breckinridge County High School
Mission: To provide equitable opportunities that inspire all students to achieve success and become productive citizens.
- Cloverport City Schools
- William H. Natcher Elementary School
- Frederick Fraize Middle School
- Frederick Fraize High School
- Motto: Bringing the world to our students and our students to the world.
- Breckinridge County Area Technology Center
- Offers Training in the following areas:
- Health Sciences
- Information Technology
- Machine Tool Technology
- Office Technology
- Mission: To develop a versatile individual by providing technical education and skills training in a safe environment.
- Offers Training in the following areas:
In Breckinridge County, our residents know that at the end of a busy workday, they have a number of ways to kick back and have some fun! Whether it’s teeing off at one of our 9-hole golf courses, visiting one of our scenic lakes and rivers, or exploring the beautiful countryside, you will never run out of options to enjoy with friends and family!
- Rough River Dam State Resort Park Golf Course: 9-hole golf course – 800.325.1713
- Rough River Lake Dam State Resort Park: 270.257.2311
Breckinridge County Community Center Golf Course, public- 9 holes
Arts & Entertainment
Breckinridge County offers many venues for residents to enrich their lives with art and entertainment. Be it a visit to a museum filled with history or a great night out at one of our area restaurants, you will be sure to find something for everyone!
- Cloverport Community Museum: Historical pictures and artifacts of Cloverport. Open to the public, free of charge. Located on 415 E. Houston Street. Hours: Sunday – 2-4 pm, April – October.
- Breckinridge County Historical Society: Located in Hardinsburg. Houses an important collection of historical memorabilia and artifacts from the county’s history. Hours 9 – 12 pm on Saturdays, April – December.
- Irvington Railroad Station Museum: Located at 243 N. First Street in Irvington, the restored depot/museum contains railroad and historical photographs of the community. Open the first Sunday of each month 2-4 pm
- Breckinridge County Archives: Located in the basement of the Breckinridge County Courthouse in Hardinsburg. Contains early records of the county and is open Monday – Friday 8 – 4 pm.
- Frymire Weather Museum: The museum is the home base of famous prognosticator and folklorist L.H. “Dick” Frymire located at 314 N. Chestnut in Irvington. Open by request. Call 270.547.3951 for more information.
Festivals and Events
From fancy cars and fireworks to fun food and games, Breckinridge County has an event for you! These festivals include: The Sacajawea Festival, Hoedown Day, The Irvington Railroad Festival and numerous others!
Sunday, Apr 20, 2014